Planting trees beautifies your home landscape and helps shade the house from the hot Texas sun!
Did you know there are important economic and environmental benefits to planting trees too?
- Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent.
- Trees can reduce air conditioning costs by up to 50 percent, by shading the windows and walls of a home.
- A mature tree can often have an appraised value of up to $10,000.
- In one study, 83% of realtors believe that mature trees have a "strong or moderate impact" on the saleability of homes listed for under $150,000: on homes over $250,000, this perception increases to 98%.
- The planting of trees means improved water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. This allows more recharging of the ground water supply. Wooded areas help prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams, thus improving the quality of our environment.